Anyone tested FSForce with sailplanes?

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

Nikki

Anyone tested FSForce with sailplanes?

Post by Nikki » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:22 am

Has anyone tested FSForce with sailplanes? In FS9, I have no centering force or feedback with any sailplane using MSFF2 joystick. I don't fly any of the FS9 default aircraft, but I do have feedback in FS9 (without the use of FSForce) with Bill Lyons' Waco.

I plan on testing this addon after adding a larger hard drive.

Nikki

Fritz

Post by Fritz » Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:01 pm

Nikki,

I am using FS Force with all my gliders and it adds a lot of flying fun with these planes too. I have set quite steep elevator/aileron curves to catch the dynamics in the narrow speed-band in which gliders usually operate.

Fritz

Nikki

Post by Nikki » Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:28 pm

Fritz,

Did you build a new profile, or modify the "light GA" one? Actually, I installed the software last evening and flew several planes in one session. After about 2 hours, I started getting a serious deterioration in frame rates (like from 15-20 down to 1-2). I clicked the trim window off early in the session, but for some reason it still kept appearing. Will have to do some more testing over the next few days, I guess.

Nikki

Fritz

Post by Fritz » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:36 pm

Nikki,

I used the "new/copy" function in the profiles menu, based the new profile on light GA and modified the force profiles as indicated.
I don't think the deterioration of frame rates after two (!) hours has anything to do with FS Force. It looks to me like a coincidence of full working memory (a normal state of affairs) and a particularly hungry scenery/plane. Or you are flying in a very small room and you and your computer raised the ambient temperature above a healthy level :).
I did not register any significant load added by the trim window which only appears briefly when manual trim changes are done.

Fritz

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:35 am

Nikki wrote:I clicked the trim window off early in the session, but for some reason it still kept appearing
If MSFS (and therefore FS Force) is running when you enable/disable the trim window (using Profile Manager), you have to shut-down and restart MSFS.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator