FSForce Causing Crash With FSGlobal?

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

ronwil

FSForce Causing Crash With FSGlobal?

Post by ronwil » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:01 am

There may not be congruency here; but, I've been troubleshooting a problem with the new FSGlobal software. The problem is unique to FSGlobal and had no footprint to follow until today and even that may not be exact. And, I have been working with the FSGlobal folks with no solution so far. I'm told I'm the only one who has reported my problem. Ah, my problem. When I select an FSGlobal scenic flight FS9 crashes to the desktop. By crash, I mean when a Scenic Flight is invoked the screen goes black for about 2-3 seconds and I reopen at the desktop. In FS9 safemode, the screen goes directly to the desktop, no black screen. For the first time today, I got an error message that noted fsforce.dll and three files: FS9.cfg.txt, FS9 dxdiag.xml and scenery.cfg. Does this sound familiar? Thanks,

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:06 am

When you start a flight from the "Select a Flight" screen, FS Force examines the corresponding .FLT file to try to determine what aircraft you're flying. Maybe the .FLT file provided by the FSGlobal people has something non-standard in it that is causing FS Force some problems. Send me the .FLT file and I'll take a look at it. (support@fs-force.com) You can find the .FLT files in FS2004\Flights
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator