No trim gauge in VC only aircraft

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

dbrucem

No trim gauge in VC only aircraft

Post by dbrucem » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:00 pm

I recently installed the Aerosoft DHC2 BeaverX in FSX. The trim gauge is not installed even though the aircraft are listed in the fsforce.cfg file. These aircraft are virtual cockpit only and do not have any windows listed in the top section of the aircraft panel cfg file where you normally see the fsforce gauge window added. I tried manually adding the fsforce gauge but still get the no gauge present message. Thanks for any assistance with this issue.

Bruce

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:37 am

Did you try putting an empty [Window Titles] section in the panel.cfg file? With that in place, FS Force might be able to install the gauge. If that doesn't work, send me the whole panel.cfg file and I'll have a look at it.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

dbrucem

Post by dbrucem » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:44 pm

I tried the panel config that you sent but still no joy as far as fsforce. However, it enabled another program, VoxATC to install its configuration lines into the beaverX panel config file. I also tried inserting the entire 2D panel config from the default Beaver with the same results. Any thing else that I might try? Thanks.
Bruce

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:27 pm

I took the panel.cfg file you sent me and installed it into the default C172, and I was able to get a trim gauge, but of course no 2D panel, so I'm surprised it's not working in the BeaverX. Unfortunately I don't have that aircraft so I can't make any other recommendations.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

rgerdes

Post by rgerdes » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:07 pm

Hi Russ,

Anything new on this topic?
I just got the Aerosoft Beaver X and of course no trim gauge installed by FSForce.
Any way to stop the message telling me there is no trim gauge if we can't get it installed?

Thanks, Bob

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:25 am

I think what I'll do is switch the message type from a dialog box to one of those ATIS style messages that appear for only a few seconds. That way it won't interrupt things so much.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

rgerdes

Post by rgerdes » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:21 pm

Hi Russ,

I managed to get rid of the message by unchecking the option for the trim message - I can live without it.

I did try adding the section to the Panel.cfg but no go.

I did notice that when enabling the FSForce trim option the BeaverX trim wheel is no longer operating when in the air (works on the ground).
When I enable FSX trim it works.
The Aerosoft BeaverX is a real nice plane - I have spent the last couple days playing with it. I did replace the engine sounds though with the old FS2002 ones from the bvr7 package.

Cheers, Bob

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:57 am

rgerdes wrote:I did notice that when enabling the FSForce trim option the BeaverX trim wheel is no longer operating when in the air (works on the ground).
That behaviour is by design. Check out the docs on trim system for a good explanation of that feature.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

rgerdes

Post by rgerdes » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:46 am

Hi Russ,

I did read the docs about the trim system and did notice that the plane was trimming out even when using the FSForce trim. :)

Too bad that the FSForce trim can't patch into the
aerosoft trim gauge as a visual to replace the fsforce gauge.

Cheers, Bob