Go Flight LGT

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

peterhayes

Go Flight LGT

Post by peterhayes » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:57 am

Hi Russell
I have the GF-LGT which has an elevator trim wheel. How does this interact with the FSForce trim wheel? The GF-LGT is not "seen" by FSX, ie it does not show up in the game controllers but it works just fine. It is "seen" with FSUIPC using a special program written by Pete Dowson. One suggestion is that you adjust the pitch of the plane with the FF joystick and then you adjust the elevator trim with the GF-LGT until you get a neutral feeling on the joystick?? Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
PeterH
Peter Hayes

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: Go Flight LGT

Post by RussDirks » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:15 am

At present, FS Force only works with trim wheels that are recognized by FSX.
peterhayes wrote:It is "seen" with FSUIPC using a special program written by Pete Dowson.
Can you tell me more about this special program? Where can I get information about it?
peterhayes wrote: One suggestion is that you adjust the pitch of the plane with the FF joystick and then you adjust the elevator trim with the GF-LGT until you get a neutral feeling on the joystick??
Ideally that is the way it should work, but FS Force needs to know when you are adjusting the GF-LGT trim wheel.

I read on the Go Flight web site that when you use their hardware with FSX you have to install a special "data bridge" program called GFDevFSX.exe. Are you running that program?
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

peterhayes

Go Flight GF-LGT

Post by peterhayes » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:38 am

Hi Russel
Pete Dowson's program is GFdisplay 1.24 (21st March 2007) -- FS2004 and FSX compatible Needs a user registered FSUIPC 3.47 and FSUIPC4 or later, and/or WideFS 6.47, or later. [Download from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson]. I have set my GFDisplay.ini exactly as laid out in the manual.

I do use GFDevFSX.exe - that enables the GF-LGT to work OK in FSX but you don't actually "see" the GF-LGT in FSX assignments. The alternative is to use Pete D's GFDisplay and then you can set the assignments of the GF-LGT in FSUIPC. I have tried both but neither seem to interact with FSForce. I still haven't worked out if you need to Uninstall GFDevFSX.exe to use GFDisplay optimally. Disabling it before running GFDisplay does not seem to have any effect.
Feedback: FSForce is now running brilliantly with Acceleration and SP2!
Hope this helps
PeterH
Peter Hayes