FS Force and Aerosoft Beaver FSX

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

peterhayes

Post by peterhayes » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:38 am

Hi Russel
One of the reasons that the "TRIM" gauge does not install in these planes (Aerosoft Beaver X) is perhaps because they do not have a 2d panel only a VC. Every time I load the Aerosoft Beaver it reports no Trim gauge is installed. Is there any way to add the TRIM gauge to the VC perhaps using FS Panel Studio? Any pointers or ideas??
Regards
PeterH
Peter Hayes

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: FS Force and Aerosoft Beaver FSX

Post by RussDirks » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:24 am

peterhayes wrote:Is there any way to add the TRIM gauge to the VC
That's an interesting idea, but I would first like to make sure we have exhausted all possibilities with respect to the 2D panel option. I know in the past I gave you some suggestions to try to install a make shift 2D panel in the Beaver, but from your accounts that didn't work.

What I would suggest is for you to go to the Aerosoft support forums and make some enquiries as to why the Beaver won't accept a 2D panel. Did they do something in the design of the Beaver that is blocking FSX from loading the 2D panel that we specify? If not, then we should make further attempts to get the 2D panel to work. If, on the other hand, they did, then our only option would be to install a gauge in the VC.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

peterhayes

Post by peterhayes » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:47 am

Hi Russell
I will post on the areosoft forum ands see what response I get, but there is definitely NO 2D panel on this aircraft.
Regards
PeterH
Peter Hayes

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: FS Force and Aerosoft Beaver FSX

Post by RussDirks » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:15 am

peterhayes wrote:... but there is definitely NO 2D panel on this aircraft.
Yes, I know, but if we can add some entries to the panel.cfg file, we can get a basic 2D panel working using some of the default gauges. That will then allow us to use the FS Force gauge. We've tried that before but it didn't work. Maybe someone at Aerosoft can tell us why and what we can do different.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

peterhayes

Post by peterhayes » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:28 am

Hi Russell
I posted on the Aerosoft forum and was given a method of adding a transparent 2d panel but I still could not get the trim gauge to install. I then added (manually) the FS9 2D panel which worked fine but the trim gauge would still not install. So then in FS Panel Studio I tried to add a 2d panel (using the add panel function in FSPS) to the Aerosoft Beaver X but in FSPS there was no entry for the Aerosoft Beaver X to add the panel to. You can open the Aerosoft Beaver X in FSPS and modify everything except to add a panel to it. I have searched the web and no one has designed or posted a 2D panel for this plane. The other anomaly is the Aussim Piper Warrior again you cannot add the trim gauge to it even though the publisher says that he used standard techniques to build this plane.
Thanks
PeterH
Peter Hayes

peterhayes

FS Force and Aerosoft Beaver X

Post by peterhayes » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:40 am

Hi Russel
This is now fixed I added a "blank" 2D panel with FS Panel Studio and now the trim gauge shows up (in the VC) - no error messages, etc.
I honestly don'y know how I fixed it but it works.
Thanks
PeterH
Peter Hayes

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:54 am

That's good news! Can you post or send me the panel.cfg file? I'd be interested to see what made it work.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

peterhayes

Post by peterhayes » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:43 pm

Hi Russel
Will email you, as I can't see a way to add the file here
Regards
PeterH
Peter Hayes