Having some problems Please Help.

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

MSW

Having some problems Please Help.

Post by MSW » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:11 am

I have V 2.08 installed on FSX Acceleration, XP OS and have the following problem. Everytime I click on the fsforce.exe it tries to load the trim gauge to many different aircraft. Some of the aircraft will not load the trim gauge and some will, however, everytime I click on the .exe it goes through this. Is there something wrong here? If not, how can I get it to not do this everytime?

I previously had V2.05 installed and the problem I had with it was that in the middle of the flight I would receive a fsforce error message that said there was something wrong with fsforce.exe and fsforce was closing. I changed to V2.08 as a result but have not seen this problem yet.

Mike

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: Having some problems Please Help.

Post by RussDirks » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:48 am

Hi Mike,

It's not actually loading the trim gauge, just reading through all the aircraft in your system to determine title, type and trim gauge ID.

What's causing your concern? Are you getting an error message or any undesirable behaviour? If so please specify.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

MSW

Post by MSW » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:15 am

Thanks for the response! The only concern I had is if this behavior by fsforce.exe is correct for V2.08? I don't recall this happening in V2.05 (my previous) or earlier.

Mike

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:40 am

There was a change between 2.05 and 2.08 which relates to this. In 2.05, fsforce.exe took responsibility for installing trim gauges in any new aircraft found, each time it was launched. In 2.08 that task has been transferred to the Profile Manager. This was done to satisfy some Vista compatibility issues.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

MSW

Post by MSW » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:40 am

Got It. Thanks!

Mike