Version 2.5

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

crim3d

Version 2.5

Post by crim3d » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:27 pm

I had a few minutes yestarday to try the new version, but I didn't feel any new force stalling the aircraft. Only, maybe, a very, very subtle vibration in a deep stall that lasted a couple of seconds. The other forces are working correctly as always.
If I understand correctly, I don't need to do anything after installing the new version to have the new features enabled. Those changes in the fsforce.cfg are only for customization. Am I right?

The "About" information says version 2.0.50.0. I suppose that it corresponds to the new version 2.5.

I'm using MS Sidewinder FFB2, winxp and FSX with Acceleration.

Anyway, as I said, I just tried it for a few minutes. I have to test it more calmly.

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:57 pm

Yes, stall buffeting is enabled by default. Stall buffeting is generally only felt in a deep stall, and is quite subtle. If you want more force, you can customize it as explained in the docs.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

crim3d

Post by crim3d » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:42 pm

Wow, I posted in October :shock:

Well, it's been now that I have had the time to take a look at this, and it seems that I simply didn't download the right version, hence the absence of the new features.

The version 2.0.50.0 wasn't right, it didn't mean version 2.5. If someone would has pointed it out I could have fixed this issue months ago. Hopefully I realized it by myself at the end.

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:15 am

What actually happened was I released version 2.5 with the internal version number set to 2.0.50.0, but after awhile I thought that didn't look quite right so a few months later I changed it to what it is now. So you had version 2.5 the whole time.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

crim3d

Post by crim3d » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:07 pm

:shock: :oops: