Unable to get grround effects, Logitech G940

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

lfishe

Unable to get grround effects, Logitech G940

Post by lfishe » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:07 am

Hi,
I downloaded the demo to my External G: drive into its own file G:\payware Downloads\FS Force 2.5\fsforce2. fsforce2 is the unzipped file with all the files for FS Force. My FSX is in my D: drive. dll.xml and exe.xml are placed in the C:\(my name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX. These are placed there by the setup.exe. I created a D:\Program Files (x86)\ FSForce 2.0 and pointed the installer to it. All the files except the FSForce.cfg file were installed there, it was still in the G:\payware Downloads\FS Force 2.5\fsforce2 file. I tried leaving it there and copying and pasting it into the D:\Program Files (x86)\ FSForce 2.0 file with no apparent difference. The FFB seems to work fine on everthing but the ground effects. The trim indicator shows me the trim, etc.. I am flying my Duke 60B with the profile medium GA. I open the profiles manager and go to profiles, highlight the medium GA profile, click edit, select ground ops, and the box that says to select a ground movement profile as well as the description box is empty. This is the general section.

[General]
TrimClickAmount=100
TrimIndicator=1
PauseOnTaskSwitch=0
Errorlevel=1

I do not get an error log in the D:\Program Files (x86)\ FSForce 2.0 file.

This is the medium GA section.

[Medium GA]
ID=Profile
AileronForcePoints=0,0,25,0,105,44,187,55,237,75
ElevatorForcePoints=0,0,26,0,85,53,121,56,153,81
ElevatorWeight=20
GroundOps=Basic
AileronFriction=30
AileronDamping=0
ElevatorFriction=30
ElevatorDamping=0
MechanicalCutoff=50
LandingTransition=-300
LandingHardBase=60
LandingMaxForce=-500
LandingMinForce=30
LandingWingsLevel=5
BrakeStrength=100
BrakeVibrationPeriod=80
BrakeVibrationStrength=17
BrakeVibrationDirection=75
BrakeVibrationStartRamp=70
BrakeVibrationEndRamp=50
GearThumpMagnitude=30
GearThumpPeriod=350
GearBuffetDuration=12
GearBuffetMinForce=5
GearBuffetForce=20
GearBuffetBasePeriod=140
GearBuffetModulatingPeriod=600
GroundOpsGain=1.0
CorneringMultiplier=0
TrimSystem=FSFORCE

What have I done wrong and how do I fix it? I do get the landing gear thump, Buffetting, Elevator weight on joystick, braking pull on the joystick, Landing thump, but not the vibration,

Thanks,

Lynn

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: Unable to get grround effects, Logitech G940

Post by RussDirks » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:55 am

lfishe wrote: All the files except the FSForce.cfg file were installed there, it was still in the G:\payware Downloads\FS Force 2.5\fsforce2 file. I tried leaving it there and copying and pasting it into the D:\Program Files (x86)\ FSForce 2.0 file with no apparent difference.
Sounds like you're using Vista. The installer will place FSForce.cfg in the folder "C:\ProgramData\FS Force". Any other copies of that file you should delete, just to prevent confusion. Also in that folder, you should have a sub-folder named GroundOps, with 3 files in it : Basic.txt, Complex Vibs.txt, and Run-up Vibs.txt. I'm guessing you don't have that folder, based on your statement that ... "the box that says to select a ground movement profile as well as the description box is empty." Can you confirm that?

You might want to try a re-install. Just unzip the download file into a temporary folder, and then run Setup.exe. No need to copy files anywhere.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

lfishe

Post by lfishe » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:40 am

Thank you for the fast reply. Yes, I am using Vista 64 bit. I did find the correct file installed in "C:\ProgramData\FS Force" and my GroundOps file did not have the 3 files. They were in my unzipped file. I copy pasted them into the GroundOps file, deleted the config file that I had pasted into the wrong place, and took a test drive. It was wonderful! Thanks for this wonderful program. I am buying it today.

Lynn