Saitek Cyborg Evo Force + Windows 7 x64 + FS2004

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

karank

Saitek Cyborg Evo Force + Windows 7 x64 + FS2004

Post by karank » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:57 am

Hi guys,
From the subject of this topic you would know what I'm using for my flight simming pleasures.
The problem is FS Force. Installed it perfectly (Demo version) and configured different profiles for various aircrafts that I wanted to try FS Force with. My flight simulator is in its default language (English) and on loading up my C152 (default) at Seattle airport, all I can hear is the engine noise and my flight simulator stops responding. I restarted my flight simulator and tried it almost 5 times with no luck. The same problem came up again and again. Trying to be precise, it stops responding about 5 seconds into the flight although I could feel the forces for those 5 seconds which subsequently stop as well once the simulator hangs. On reading a few reports on this site, I learned that FS Force for FS2004 does not use a 3rd party program like the FSX version. This could be a problem but I would like some help on this so that I can enjoy this software and go ahead and buy it :)

Thanks for all the help.

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:53 pm

- Occasionally FS Force will pop up a dialog, but the dialog somehow ends up behind MSFS, so you don't know it's there, and therefore it seems MSFS has hung. Trying using Alt-Tab, or minimizing MSFS to see if that is the issue.

- If not, enable logging (http://www.fs-force.com/support.htm#FSForceLogFile), run the program, and send the resulting log file to the support email address.

- Another thing to try is to disable/uninstall any other addons to see where the conflict is.

- Does the problem occur will all aircraft, or just the C152?

- make sure FF is disabled in MSFS.

- And lastly (the usual advice) make sure your video drivers AND sound drivers are up-to-date.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

karank

Post by karank » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:43 am

Hi RussDirks,

- I checked for any background pop ups but there was nothing.

- I currently don't have any other addons on my flight simulator.

- The problem did occur with the C152 and on Level D 767 as well. Since you asked me to uninstall any addons, I tried it again with the default aircrafts and the problem still persists.

- FF is disabled internally.

- Video and audio drivers are up to date.

Although I did try the 'FS Force Test' and it did point towards an error that might be causing MSFS to hang.

Enumerated Joystick : Cyborg Evo Force
Supported Effects :
- GUID_ConstantForce
- Ramp Force
- GUID_Square
- GUID_Sine
- GUID_Triangle
- GUID_SawtoothUp
- GUID_SawtoothDown
- GUID_Spring
- GUID_Damper
- Inertia
- Friction
- Custom Force
- Axis Barrier
- Angle Barrier
- Axis Wall
- Angle Wall

Creating effects for Cyborg Evo Force
Error creating Friction Effect. Your joystick may not support this effect. :
E_NOTIMPL :
The function called is not supported at this time.

Maybe this is it ?

P.S : I will soon be mailing the support team with a detailed log as you requested.

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:24 am

The list of supported effects for your joystick seems to include the friction effect, but when the test program tried to create the friction effect, it encountered an error. There may be a problem with your joystick. Try setting all the friction effect values to zero in your profiles and see if that makes a difference.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

karank

Post by karank » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:18 am

Like you said, the joystick is capable of producing frictional effects as it did with the default MSFS FF. However, in FS Force, setting the frictional values to 0 did not make a difference either.

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:09 am

The log file you sent me shows that FS Force is having problems with the Mechanical forces, which is how it refers to friction and damping. So all evidence seems to be pointing to a defective joystick. Do you have the latest drivers for the joystick? You might want to contact Saitek technical support.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

karank

Post by karank » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:31 am

Hmm .. odd that FS Force is having problems creating these effects which Flight Simulator has no problems in recreating. Anyways, I will check for any other updates regarding the joystick and if nothing else works, then Saitek support is where I'll try and figure out what the problem is although I doubt its a defective joystick.

Thanks for all the help anyways.

Kind regards,
Karan K

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:54 am

Flight Simulator doesn't use the friction effect as far as I know, which is why your joystick works fine with the default FF. The only effect that FS uses is the periodic effect (vibrations).
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator