FS Force and PMDG 737NGX

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

davierosoft

FS Force and PMDG 737NGX

Post by davierosoft » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:09 pm

Hi!
I'm Andrea from Italy, I just bougt the FS Force to add more realistic joystick experience to my flight simulator.
Just after installation I prepared my own profile for the NGX usage.
As the real aircraft have an artificial feel that centers te commands I changed the profile to add constant forces from 0kts, and a variable (but starting from 50%) elevator feel.
I noticed that using FSforce as trim for the NGX the trim wheel will not move, this give me some troubles.
There is a way to solve this?
Bye
Andrew

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:20 am

I noticed that using FSforce as trim for the NGX the trim wheel will not move ...
It's supposed to be that way. You will find that behaviour for all aircraft, not just the NGX. FS Force disables the default trim system in MSFS in order to implement its own system, which is much more realistic. You should read the documentation section entitled Basic Operations / Trim.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

davierosoft

Post by davierosoft » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:11 am

Thanks! I noticed that few hours ago with other planes.
It is possible to mix both systems? Or can be possible in a future release?
Some planes that uses hydraulics use a stab trim with elevator control that is "trimmed" also.
And the elevator alone is not sufficient to trim and mantain the control of it.
A solution in tis case is to let the FS trim to work but add a bit (selectable) trim also by the FF.
Bye
Andrew

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:24 am

You can make temporary changes to the trim system by holding the shift key down. You can disable the FS Force trim system in flight by selectings Addons/FS Force/Trim System. You can also permanently disable the FS Force trim system in the aircrafts profile.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

davierosoft

Post by davierosoft » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:58 am

Ok, I've seen that each profile (I created my own one for the NGX wich have a mechanical centering also on ground with no speed) has the relative voice for the trim, now you told me how to activate te fs trim without permanently disable the fs force feature that is perfect for standard trimmed aircrafts.
I was wondering if the fs trim feature could be (eventually in future) mixed with the stab trim on heavy jet profile. This by moving the FS trim but also the joystick (less movement then actual fs force trim, maybe 20/30% over full elevator range).

Just to better understand what I say, with stab trim centered FF force is centered, with full stab trim nose down the joystick is recentered 10-15% or custom nose down, with stab trim nose up same but opposite.
This is how some real planes with stab trim work.

It could be done with a voice in the profile menu as "normal trim tab" "stab trim" and if stab trim is selected a travel limit value could be selected.
I know, I think at it easy, I don't know limits of fsx or simconnect or other, but should work better if it could be done.
Bye
Andrew

davierosoft

Post by davierosoft » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:56 pm

I added stall strings to the cfg file as they were missing on it, I finally tuned all for my feelings with the NGX.
This is my actual configuration:
AileronForcePoints=0,0,0,71,0,71,443,71,447,101
ElevatorForcePoints=0,0,0,57,0,57,159,57,340,100
ElevatorWeight=10
GroundOps=Complex vibs
AileronFriction=50
AileronDamping=20
ElevatorFriction=50
ElevatorDamping=20
MechanicalCutoff=500
LandingTransition=-300
LandingHardBase=60
LandingMaxForce=-500
LandingMinForce=30
LandingWingsLevel=5
BrakeStrength=100
BrakeVibrationPeriod=80
BrakeVibrationStrength=17
BrakeVibrationDirection=75
BrakeVibrationStartRamp=90
BrakeVibrationEndRamp=70
GearThumpMagnitude=30
GearThumpPeriod=350
GearBuffetDuration=-1
GearBuffetMinForce=5
GearBuffetForce=20
GearBuffetBasePeriod=140
GearBuffetModulatingPeriod=600
GroundOpsGain=1.5
UseN1=1
CorneringMultiplier=20
TrimSystem=FSFORCE

And this is the general setting for stall tuned for stick shaker activation for the 737:
StallAlphaDelta=6.5
StallBuffetMult=2
StickShakerMult=2

Still wonder for a stab trim feature, but I'm learning how to survive without it. (just te shift key you mentioned)
:)

I have a possible issue when on take off, I lose the centering forces and I need to go to menus and restart the forces at least 2 times before they are restored. I'm doing a check on oter planes, will see if I found a reason. :wink:
Bye
Andrew