G940 Stick Issue

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

gderreck

G940 Stick Issue

Post by gderreck » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:42 am

First let me say I'm a complete newbie. OH OH :) I am impressed with the program. I do have a question though. I was going to post in bugs, but the bug is probably me. As stated in the subject, I am using FSX with a G940 controller.

When I set the elevator trim to ease pressure on the stick, it works quite well. I see how you bring the sweet spot to the current joystick position. However, if I remove my hand momentarily from the stick, I get some violent affects along the Y axis.

Now, being new, perhaps it's something I don't understand about flight dynamics, but I would think that I should be able to remove my hand for 15 seconds or so to do other things.

I am sorry to clog up the forum, but I would like to understand this better.

Note: Elevator trim is set to FSForce in all profiles.

Second question, I am using CLS A330/340 aircraft. When I start a free flight, I get a message from FSforce stating that there is no trim gauge installed on this aircraft, etc etc.
I tried several variations of what I thought I was being told to do: open profiler, close FsForce then open profiler then restart FsForce, pause FsForce then open profiler; but no luck.

Does FsForce only support default aircraft? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Graham

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:36 am

The first issue has to do with the fact that there is always a slight force feedback "hole" in the middle of the centering force, within which the joystick is free to move, and when it does that is going to translate into movement of the control surfaces of the airplane. You can try to increase the size of the nullzone (in FSX), and you can also try to reduce the pitch sensitivity of the aircraft. I find that a lot of aircraft are far too sensitive in the pitch axis.

The second issue is because some 3rd party aircraft have non-standard panel definitions, such that FS Force is unable to install the trim gauge. There is no need to worry about that. FS Force will operate as normal, you just won't get a trim gauge popping up when you make trim changes.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

gderreck

Post by gderreck » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:53 am

Thanks for the reply.