Trim Full Up

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

Terrydew

Trim Full Up

Post by Terrydew » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:58 am

When p3d v3 started the trim runs to full up and it can't be changed. If you stop Fsforce and restart it, the trim is adjustable as normal. It had to be a stop start, a reinitialize Fsforce doesn't dot it. This happenes with no trim wheel specified in fsforce.cfg and no axis assigned to trim wheel in p3d. It appears that once corrected it stays corrected for a p3d restart but this is not consistent but often?

Terry

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: Trim Full Up

Post by RussDirks » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:12 am

Terry,

Can you please list all the controllers you have on your system, including make & model?

Thanks,
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Terrydew

Post by Terrydew » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:56 am

Saitek rudder combat pedals - no Saitek software installed
Saitek trim wheel - no Saitek software or driver installed
Goflight TPM
Goflight Tq6
Thruster master warthog stick and throttle with drivers and target software installed
Iris yoke model 2 with 1.6 firmware

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:12 am

I notice that you already found and posted on the button assignment thread. I think there is a good possibility that your problems are resulting from this issue. If you are able to verify that your controller numbering is somewhat random depending on how you plug your controllers in, I would encourage you to post on the LM thread I started about this issue. The more people report this issue, the more likely LM will do something about it.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Terrydew

Post by Terrydew » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:13 am

Hi Russell

I did notice the button issue and have not really had the problem. I deleted the entry in fsforce.cfg related to the trim wheel so the only trim assignment are through the keyboard and the trim switch on the Iris. When it first happened I looked at every control axis/button assignment in both p3d and in the standard xml file in appdata roaming LM p3dv3 controls. When this happens my yoke trim switch does work but any movement off of full up is reversed when the switch is released.

I just did a test and it does not appear to happen if the thrustmaster target software is not running. P3d currently has a host of control problems they are working on. The non recognition of the virtual controller created by the target software is one of them. Perhaps this is related but do not understand how stoping and starting Fsforce could fix it.

If you can't reproduce the problem then I guess we wait for LM's fixes and see what happens then.

I run the target software every flight because when run it always goes to the top of the list so if I only ran it when needed I would have to change Fsforce.cfg every time. Hence my suggestion of picking up the controller id from fsuipc with the assigned letters that don't change no matter the order in the list.

Thanks
Terry