Helicopter Vibration

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

fleahead

Helicopter Vibration

Post by fleahead » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:53 pm

Completely new to FS Force. Just downloaded this, as I just discovered P3DV3 has no support for forcefeedback, and this seems to fill the gap. I'm using a Sidewinder FFB2 that I modified into a crotch stick by removing the Sidewinder stickgrip and attaching a piece of 24" metal tubing with a bicycle handlebar grip on the end. It worked very nice in the A2A J3 in FSX. So now, I'm hooked on the Dodosim Bell 206 and hooked up the old stick in P3d. (That's when I discovered the missing force support).

My question is, is there any way the get the ground vibration applied to the stick while airborne? As anyone knows that has been involved in a helicopter, depending on the heli, there is vibration all over the place. Especially during liftoff or anytime there is a shift in rotor angle. I searched this forum, but didn't see an answer.

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: Helicopter Vibration

Post by RussDirks » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:51 am

Unfortunately that is not possible. When I developed FS Force I had no knowledge of helicopters, although I did have some appreciation of the vibration. I just didn't think anyone would want vibrations full time, not to mention the effect that would have on joystick longevity. However, I find it interesting what you say about increased vibrations during changes in rotor angle. That would allow for the introduction of vibration at certain times, while avoiding over stressing the joystick. I'll have to put that on my list of possible upgrade ideas. No promises regarding when that might happen, though. :wink:
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator