P3D v3.1 and FSUIPC and force feedback

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

francesco.doenz
Location: Morges near Lausanne on lake of Geneva, Switzerland

P3D v3.1 and FSUIPC and force feedback

Post by francesco.doenz » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:01 am

I unchecked the controls in P3D and activated FSUIPC paid version to get rid of the erratic behaviour of my force joystick, and it works, but I have lost the force feedback inspite that when checking with FS force I get the normal response?
Thanks for your inputs in advance!

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: P3D v3.1 and FSUIPC and force feedback

Post by RussDirks » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:34 am

1. Check Profile Manager and make sure FS Force .EXE and .DLL is set to "Auto Launch".
  2. Does FS Force appear in the Add-ons menu?
  3. Does the little trim window pop up when you make trim changes?
  4. Post the contents of the [General] section of FSFORCE.CFG to this forum, or send them to my support email address. Same for the LOGFILE.TXT. Maybe I can spot a problem.
  5. If you can't get it to work, try using the new Input Relay function I added to FS Force. It is still in beta version. It allows your to program you axis assignments much like FSUIPC. If you decide to use it ...
    1. Delete the axis assignments in FSUIPC
    2. Make sure they are also deleted in P3D
    3. Configure the Input Relay feature as described in the News subforum.
    4. The Input Relay feature does not handle button presses, so you will have to continue to use FSUIPC or P3D for that.
Let me know how it works out.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

francesco.doenz
Location: Morges near Lausanne on lake of Geneva, Switzerland

Post by francesco.doenz » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:31 am

dear Sir,
Thank you for having taken the time to answer my post, yes it shows up in the addons, but not the trim in the corner as usual, but now it works, I feel the forces, who knows where the problem was...sorry and thank you for your support! May be my age....

Terrydew

Post by Terrydew » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:08 am

Hi Russ

I just was reading through the posts and saw this thread. I have been under the impression that I could not use FSUIPC to assign axis as Fsforce would not work that way. Per this thread it looks like you can use FSUIPC to assign axis. Is that correct that Fsforce will work with FSUIPC? I am referring to axis now not buttons. I hope so. That would make my day. :D

Terry

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:48 am

Hi Terry,

I did some detailed testing recently with FSUIPC and found that it does not conflict with the basic FS Force functions. It does, however, conflict with the two key features of the Yoke Addon Package : AP Follow and Aileron Remapping. And I believe you are an Iris Yoke customer, correct? So unfortunately it's not going to work for you.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Terrydew

Post by Terrydew » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:08 pm

RussDirks wrote:Hi Terry,

I did some detailed testing recently with FSUIPC and found that it does not conflict with the basic FS Force functions. It does, however, conflict with the two key features of the Yoke Addon Package : AP Follow and Aileron Remapping. And I believe you are an Iris Yoke customer, correct? So unfortunately it's not going to work for you.
Ok.

Thanks
Terry

Terrydew

Post by Terrydew » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:42 am

Hi Russ

Doing more thinking about this and most of the airplanes I fly are third party so the autopilot follow usually doesn't work and the remapping not needed. If I turn both those features off with Fsforce config program, would that solve the problem with fsuipc or is the something in the yoke addon itself that causes the problem?

Thanks
Terry

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:02 am

No, it's just those two features. If you turn them off you should be able to use FSUIPC, at least according to the testing I've done. If it doesn't work you'll find out fairly quickly. :wink:
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator