Aileron re-mapping ignores the NULL zone

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

MarkH

Aileron re-mapping ignores the NULL zone

Post by MarkH » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:30 am

I have noticed that with aileron re-mapping on, the aileron NULL zone set in the FSX controls dialog is ignored. (I am guessing this is an unintended consequence of you somehow bypassing the FSX aileron calibration, as I have also noticed that with aileron re-mapping on, I still have aileron control even if I delete the aileron axis in the FSX controls dialog.)

For FSUIPC users this is not a problem because you can map the aileron axis in FSUIPC with a NULL zone and also using the slope function to choose an appropriate response curve. However, you must leave aileron re-mapping OFF, or it interferes.
MarkH

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: Aileron re-mapping ignores the NULL zone

Post by RussDirks » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:32 am

FS Force does in fact attempt to reproduce the null zone feature. It reads the null zone that you have specified from Controls/Standard.xml and applies it to the Aileron Remapping feature. The only catch is, when you change the null zone in FSX, FSX doesn't write the new value to Standard.xml until you exit FSX, so FS Force has no choice but to continue using the old value until you exit and restart FSX. Maybe that is what is happening with you? Try setting it to a really large value so it is very obvious, exit and restart FSX, and then see if the null zone is there.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

MarkH

Re: Aileron re-mapping ignores the NULL zone

Post by MarkH » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:51 pm

RussDirks wrote:FSX doesn't write the new value to Standard.xml until you exit FSX, so FS Force has no choice but to continue using the old value until you exit and restart FSX.
Okay thank Russ, I never tried that. I will report back ;)

[Later]

You are right (of course). Thanks!
MarkH