P3D V3.2

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

Striezel

P3D V3.2

Post by Striezel » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:10 pm

Hello Russell, hello Forum,

big problem: Using Prepar3d v3.1 everything was working fine! Now, upgraded tu v3.2 I always get the Error Message FS-Force does not work. After Installation, the MSFF2 is found and working with the "Test Forces". It`s also in the Addons in the Simulator. What I experienced after a dozen Re-Installs is: No aircraft are shown under P3v3 !
Here`s the log after Re-Starting FSForce in the Sim... it`s that awful APPCrash with c00005 :-(

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: FSForce.exe
Anwendungsversion: 2.8.1.9
Anwendungszeitstempel: 56cb6ab8
Fehlermodulname: FSForce.exe
Fehlermodulversion: 2.8.1.9
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 56cb6ab8
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset: 0003117e
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Zusatzinformation 3: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Does anybody know what to do... THX in advance!

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: P3D V3.2

Post by RussDirks » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:57 pm

Try re-installing SimConnect. Open up the install folder for FS Force, and you should see a “Lib” subfolder. Inside will be SimConnect.msi. Double click on it to re-install it, and then see if that makes any difference.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:04 pm

There seems to be another issue here, when you say that no aircraft show up under P3Dv3. Have you run Profile Manager since upgrading to v3.2? If not please do so, so that it can recognize the aircraft folders.

Also, you say you have re-installed a number of times. Are you referring to FS Force or P3D? If you have not re-installed FS Force, please do so to see if that makes a difference.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Striezel

Post by Striezel » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:31 pm

Hi Russell,

thanks for your tips, and as it often is... out of the blue (the secrets of Windows) it was working again, than, again not... I tried your lib-version of simconnect AND: WORKING!
THX very much... great tool!

Maybe you can find a solution for the Autopilot-Movement within prepar3d, that would be awesome! :-)

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:39 pm

Striezel wrote:Maybe you can find a solution for the Autopilot-Movement within prepar3d, that would be awesome! :-)
Can you be more specific? I'm not sure what you are referring to.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Striezel

Post by Striezel » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:20 pm

Hello,

hm, I have been euphoric too early... Again same problems. No chance to get FSForce working: I reinstalled FSForce again, installed your simconnect.. when I start the Profile Manager there are no acft showing up.
In the simulators Addons FSForce is available, "Start FS Force" -- Error, FSForce not working. Don't know what to do..

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:43 pm

Striezel wrote:When I start the Profile Manager there are no acft showing up.
Let's focus on this problem for a bit...
  • Are your aircraft stored in the default location (ie. C:\Program Files (x86)\Prepar3D\SimObjects\Airplanes), or are they stored in some custom location, outside of the P3D folder?
  • Please post here, or send me, the contents of "C:\ProgramData\FS Force\logfile.txt"
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Striezel

Post by Striezel » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:12 pm

Hi Russel,

thanks for your help and suggestions, but I installed everything from scratch, incl. Windows.... so everything is fine now again.
This is the better way than only upgrading with the client and content installers of p3d.
Thank you
P.S.: What I meant in the post before is that I'm looking forward, or hoping, that you will fix the Autopilot follow and Aileron remapping for P3d :-)

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:32 pm

Striezel wrote:What I meant in the post before is that I'm looking forward, or hoping, that you will fix the Autopilot follow and Aileron remapping for P3d :-)
Why do you say that these features need fixing? As far as I know they work fine. Is this something that you have heard from others, or do you have direct experience of problems? If so, please share them with me. You are being rather vague! :)

Or are you referring to the fact that these two features do not work with certain 3rd party aircraft? That is a known issue which you will experience with both FSX and P3D. It is not specific to P3D.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

ibermarc

Post by ibermarc » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:52 am

Good night,

I have been experiencing same issue here. I had p3dv2 installed on my system and then uninstalled it and moved to version 3.1. FsForce Profile manager showed up aircrafts for this 2 versions dispite p3dv2 was removed but it was right because FSForce worked properly. Then i moved to p3dv3.2 and there was no aircrafts on my p3dv3 list and app was crashing every time i load the flight sim. I have removed all registry entries for p3dv2, installed the latest version of your software (including simConnect) and now profile manager says that i have only p3dv3 but again, no aircrafts detected. I have a custom p3d location -D:\p3dv3\- and your software is in D:\Fs Force 2\.

Any ideas to solve this without reinstalling everything?

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:23 am

ibermarc wrote: I have removed all registry entries for p3dv2 ...
After you did that, did you re-install P3D? If you didn't, it probably explains why things aren't working properly.

Typically, when you install a piece of software, it will make various entries in the registry , some of which are essential for the operation of that software. You generally should not be going into the registry at all unless you have a thorough understanding of the software in question and how it uses the registry entries.

On top of that, FS Force is looking for those registry entries in order to be able to determine what folder P3D is installed in so it can find your aircraft. So again, if you deleted those entries, that is going to cause problems for FS Force.

I'm sorry, but based on what you have told me, I can only recommend that you re-install P3D, and then re-install FS Force.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

ibermarc

Post by ibermarc » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:18 am

Thanks for your response. Maybe if explain in datail you woud understand better. In first place I:

1) Had installed p3d version 2.5
2) Installed FS Force 2

This worked fine. Then i decided to move to the new P3D so I

1) Ununstalled Addons
2) Unisntalled FS Force
3) Uninstalled P3D v2.5

And then:

1) Installed P3D v 3.1
2) Installed addons
3) Installed FS Force 2

It worked fine. The only issue was that PROFILE MANAGER recognized as installed P3D v2.5 and P3d v3.1. We all know windows unistallers doesn't remove the crap in Windows registry.

Then came update to P3D v3 client so I:

1) Unistalled P3d v3.1 Client.
2) Installed P3D v3.2 Client.

At that ime there were two sims recognized by PROFILE MANAGER but this time it was an AIRCRAFT LIST in P3d v2 but no AIRCRAFT LIST under P3D v3 combo box and DS FORCE.EXE crashed everytime it was loaded. So i followed these steps:

1) Uninstalled FS FORCE
2) Downloaded updated installer
3) Install it.

The issue was still there. So i decided to:

1) Reinstall SimConnect (It solved nothing)
2) Hand clean Prepar3D VERSION 2 crap in Windows Registry (i mean VERSION 2 and no VERSION 3 witch is currently installed and working properly and, yes i know what is the registry, what it does and how it does as i'm a IT proffessional).
3) Uinstall FS FORCE
4) Download latest installer
5) Install it.

Now PROFILE MANAGER recognizes P3D v3 as the only sim installed in my system but still no AIRCRAFTS and still crashing on load.

Obviously the PROFILE MANAGER is not recognizing the aircrafts inside the simObject folder, what i like to know if there is a way to tell the program to look for them or to force it to a specific location.

Thanks

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:13 pm

What is the exact path to your Airplanes folder?
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

ibermarc

Post by ibermarc » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:38 pm

D:\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:14 pm

1. FS Force first looks in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\AppPath to determine where P3D is installed.
  2. It then opens P3D.CFG and looks in the [Main] section for entries SimObjectPaths.0 and SimObjectPaths.1 to determine where Airplanes and Rotorcraft can be found. If either of those entries are not present, it uses SimObjects\Airplanes and SimObjects\Rotorcraft as defaults
  3. If the path obtained from #2 is relative (partial), it appends it onto the end of the install path from #1 and looks for aircraft there.
  4. If the path obtained from #2 is absolute, it ignores the install path and looks only in the path from #2.
So the question is, what do you have in the registry entry from #1, and what is in your P3D.CFG file under the [Main] section (#2)?
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator