Joystick "centering" by itself

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

Tenne

Joystick "centering" by itself

Post by Tenne » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:59 am

I just installed the demo version of FS Force and tried it with my new system and with not-so-new MS FF2 joystick. I'm using FSX steam edition. FS Force feels great and works fine except for one detail: when I push the stick on X-axis to either extreme (left or right), after a second or so the "virtual" joystick gets automatically centered on FSX and my roll stops abruptly. This only happens on the joystick's extreme X-axis positions, not otherwise. And when it happens, if I move the joystick bit towards the center, the joystick's position is again correctly recorded.

I tried also the ForceTest with my joystick, and didn't notice any issue with that handy tool.

I'm not at all sure the issue is coming from FS Force, but thought there could be enough expertise here to solve the problem. Maybe some configuration issue?

--Tenne

Tenne

Re: Joystick "centering" by itself

Post by Tenne » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:25 pm

Ok, I had some more time to spend on this and I found the cause for my issue: configuration error. In my new system, I accidentally had configured both the joystick and throttle quadrant to control the ailerons -> not very good setup. My bad. Now everything works great!

--Tenne

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: Joystick "centering" by itself

Post by RussDirks » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:42 pm

Well that's good in a sense. I was getting ready to respond and tell you that your joystick was probably defective, so good thing that it's not! :)
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator