TrimWheel permanently set.

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

iwik

TrimWheel permanently set.

Post by iwik » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:42 am

Hi Russ,
Cant reassign trimwheel. Always want to set as Z Roataion. I have a Iris Yoke, Cessna pro Pedals and Buo386
for GPS. I have the Trimwheel connected to the Dial input of Buo386x. The only thing assigned to Z Rotation
are my rudder pedals. The rudder pedals are not working when FSforce is enabled.
Thanks
Les

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: TrimWheel permanently set.

Post by RussDirks » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:14 am

Hi Les,

When you program a trim assignment, it looks for movement in any axis. Maybe your rudder pedals are continuously producing output, and so it picks that as the trim device. Can you temporarily disable or disconnect the pedals just long enough to do the trim command assignment in Profile Manger?
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

iwik

Post by iwik » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:24 am

Hi Russ,
Thanks for the excellent service. I managed to get the trimwheel recognised by spinning it fast and it picked it up.
I have a cockpit i have made and i have a servo feedback showing Trim position. This works fine while on the ground
but in the air Trim works but indicator stops.I see a mention in the manual re the wheel not shown moving but does that still hold true for position indicator. Till i am on the ground again. Is this normal?.
Another thing i have noticed is how lumpy the X and Y axis is while flying. I know the roll axis is servo driven and has
an inherant notchyness to it but while flying it seems a lot more. The pitch mechanism is fine but in flight i feel the
same notchyness. Is this just how Dynamics drive it?. Maybe i need to update their firmware?.
Thanks again
Regards
Les

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:21 am

I have a cockpit i have made and i have a servo feedback showing Trim position. This works fine while on the ground
but in the air Trim works but indicator stops.I see a mention in the manual re the wheel not shown moving but does that still hold true for position indicator. Till i am on the ground again. Is this normal?.
Yes this is expected behavior. In order to provide realistic trimming, FS Force intercepts your trim inputs and prevents them from reaching the simulator, and instead implements its own trim functionality.

Regarding the lumpy, notchy feel, that is a hardware issue, although you might be able to alleviate it somewhat by reducing the centering forces in Profile Manager.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

iwik

Post by iwik » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:56 am

Thanks Russ,
So i suppose the only way to keep track of the trim is by your on screen trim indicator.
Would there be any way you could say provide an offset for FSUIPC so us cockpit builders can see
on our gauges where we are.
Regards
Les
P.S I did read re lumpyness that the latest Firmware smoothes this out so that will be my next move.

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:38 am

FS Force does not have any interaction with FSUIPC so that wouldn't work. I would have to modify my program to send out notifications via SimConnect, and you would have to write a program to receive those notifications. I don't know if that is something I can find time for right now. Are you a programmer? I was just thinking it might be possible for you to write a program to read the value off my little pop-up gauge. That wouldn't require me to have to do anything. :D
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

iwik

Post by iwik » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:55 am

Hi Russ,
Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately i am not a programmer. After thinking about it i don't think it
is much of an issue. As there is no trim marking it is therefore a bit academic. When on the ground
you know where it is.
Maybe some time in the distant future it maybe considered.
Thanks for the help.
Regards
Les