Left roll sometimes does not respond

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

darrent

Left roll sometimes does not respond

Post by darrent » Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:08 pm

Hi,

Every so often i find the when i try to roll left, i get no response with the feedback and the plane will not roll left , only right, after a few pitch changes , feedback and roll returns.

I have a msff2 and using win xp pro, unfortunately not may evaluation flights left with fsforce.

Any ideas ?

Regards,

Darren

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:27 am

I suspect your joystick. The fact that the plane refuses to roll left means that at times, the joystick signal is not reaching the computer. You say that it works ok after moving the joystick around a bit. That would really fit the description of a bad connection or intermitent failures of the sensors in the joystick. Your joystick may be on the verge of failing, or maybe you just need to check your connections.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

darrent

Post by darrent » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:26 pm

Thanks for the quick reply,

I took the joystick apart and checked everything and reseated the connections on the board, now all is working as it should but im skeptical that a reseat of the connectors actually fixed it, although my joystick was not touched in over a year so anything is possible.

Its a great piece of software, just considering if i think my joystick will hold up enough for me enjoy it if i decide on the purchase.

Thanks for your Help

Regards,

Darren