FSConnect - Request for help

EZ-Landclass, FSConnect, TreeGraph

Moderator: RussDirks

IanH1960

FSConnect - Request for help

Postby IanH1960 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:39 pm

Hi,

Can I ask an FSConnect question here?

I'm trying to read some data from fs9 which does not appear to have a Token variable or Parameter but which I think is available in fs9 memory. The data is the aircraft acceleration components and the FSUIPC SDK lists them as being at "offsets" 0x3060, 0x3068 and 0x3070. Is there a way I can read these data using, for example FSConnect's fscMemRead calls or are these addresses FSUIPC specific?

(I'm having to port the sample code to another language and on trying a memory read for data at 0x3060 I get a "SendMessage" call return of 9 when I think should be getting a -ve value for the string Atom. I think 9 is an error code)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ian

RussDirks
Site Admin

Postby RussDirks » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:41 pm

Hi Ian,

You can use fscMemRead, but the trick is to know which address to read from. The FSUIPC offsets are just that, offsets into FSUIPC's own memory, not the actually memory address of the data in question. So like I say, if you can find the address of the data, you can read it.

Russ
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

IanH1960

Postby IanH1960 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:18 am

Thanks Russ

I'll see if I can find any info on fs9 memory addresses in MS's SDK materials.

Ian

IanH1960

Postby IanH1960 » Tue May 29, 2007 1:17 am

Hi again Russ,

A quick note to say thanks for making FSConnect available. I didn't manage to find the acceleration components I was looking for but instead read the aircraft velocity components and took it from there.

The application is driver software for a motion cockpit - the project is still under development but I've written up a page or two about it at http://buggies.builtforfun.co.uk/Sim/

A quick question - what's the situation with FSConnect and FSX? I only have fs9 on my machine which simply isn't up to running FSX so I haven't been able to test the software with the new version.

Thanks again,

Ian

RussDirks
Site Admin

Postby RussDirks » Wed May 30, 2007 9:17 am

A quick question - what's the situation with FSConnect and FSX? I only have fs9 on my machine which simply isn't up to running FSX so I haven't been able to test the software with the new version.

I'm not planning on upgrading FSConnect for FSX, due to the fact that FSX includes SimConnect, which basically does the same thing, but a lot better.
Russel Dirks

Forum Moderator

Return to “General Discussion”