Throttle issue FF2 on P3Dv3

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: Throttle issue FF2 on P3Dv3

Post by RussDirks » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:58 am

Yes, this is a rather unfortunate turn of events.

Fortunately though, I think I may have come up with a work-around. I just tested it out this morning, and it worked on my system at least. At this point, to utilize the work-around you will need FSUIPC, but if it turns out to be effective for most users, I will implement similar features within FS Force so you won't need FSUIPC.

What you do is go into P3D, Settings / Controls, and delete all joystick Axis assignments. Then go into FSUIPC, and program the axis assignments in there. Program as follows:

X Axis -> Aileron Set
Y Axis -> Elevator Set
Rudder (R) -> Rudder Set
Slider (S) -> Throttle Set

What this does is relieve P3D of the task of processing the raw joystick input, (which it seems to be having a bit of problem doing properly right now), and allow FSUIPC to do it. You don't need to do anything to FS Force.

Hopefully at least some of you following this thread have FSUIPC so you can try it out. Please post your results here, and if they are positive, I will begin working to add similar features to FS Force.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

adler58

Post by adler58 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:50 pm

Thanks Russ,
I have FSUIPC and will try... but I have assigned yaw to CH pedals, I hope your method will work anyway ;)

adler58

Post by adler58 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:42 am

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!
FSUIPC sorts it out!!!!

The Force Awakens!

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:10 am

That's great news!
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

elmond

Post by elmond » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:59 am

Hey Russ, I just purchased your awesome piece of software today, really like it, but cannot use it due to having my plane kick the rudder hard whenever I turn ff on.

So as of now I cannot use the really nice effects. :/

Just for me to clarify, are you going to update your software so it will process the input akin fsuipc or will I have to fork over another $30 bucks for that, to get it all working?

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:52 am

I'm looking at the details of that idea now. Will post something back here in the next couple of days.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

elmond

Post by elmond » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:24 pm

Awesome. If you need any support that I can give (logs, etc.) please let me know :)

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:38 am

elmond wrote:Awesome. If you need any support that I can give (logs, etc.) please let me know :)
@elmond, and any others.

I've posted a beta version that contains a new "Input Relay" feature. Basically you delete all your axis assignments in P3D and instead do it through FS Force. It is very similar to what FSUIPC does. Please see this thread for the full details.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

jpfranca

Post by jpfranca » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:40 am

Thank you!!! Now flying makes sense again. :-) I thought my old Sidewinder was broken.