FS Force2 and Active Sky 2016 not happy together

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

wrap23

FS Force2 and Active Sky 2016 not happy together

Post by wrap23 » Tue May 02, 2017 6:16 pm

First off Russ, thank you for this amazing add on. It adds an extra dimension to flight simming that I don't want to be without. In fact discovering FS Force2 after getting back into simming last year made me blow the dust off my 1997 ForceFX joystick and put a MS Sidewinder2 brain inside...best joystick ever! I can't believe that more simmers don't appreciate what force feedback does to the experience.

Now for the bad news. Just did a clean install of P3D onto a new M.2 drive. I added Active Sky 2016 to further enhance realism. I had not previously used AS16. After installing P3D and AS16 everything worked great. I then added FS Force2 and P3D wouldn't get past the start up window. Went to task manager and found FS Forces in "Background Processes" I selected End Task for FS Force and P3D continued loading. This behavior is consistent with many attempts to run the program.

I've Googled and tried various Forums but can find no other simmers with this issue. My computer is a new build dedicated to flight simming. The only thing installed is Windows 10, Mozilla, P3D, AS16 and FS Force2. At this point I have not reinstalled any additional scenery, aircraft, etc.

I would appreciate any advice you might have. I love FS Forces but the added realism of AS16 is amazing. Please help me not have to choose between the two!

Many Thanks,
Don Spence

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: FS Force2 and Active Sky 2016 not happy together

Post by RussDirks » Tue May 02, 2017 11:04 pm

Sometimes FS Force tries to display a dialog box message at startup, but the message gets hidden behind FSX/P3D so you can't see it, but it is waiting for you to click Ok, and it prevents P3D from continuing with the startup. Try the whole procedure again, but this time minimize P3D, or use Alt-Tab so you can see if there are any message waiting for you.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

wrap23

Re: FS Force2 and Active Sky 2016 not happy together

Post by wrap23 » Sun May 14, 2017 6:22 am

Wanted to officially thank you for all the great email support. Turns out updating all of your system drivers is not always a great idea! If it ain't broke......
Thanks Again for a great add-on and the fantastic support!
Don Spence