Brunner CLS-E FFB Joystick

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

wrap23

Brunner CLS-E FFB Joystick

Post by wrap23 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:45 am

Hello Russ,
First off, thanks for the continued support of FFB for flight simming over the years! In my humble opinion, FFB is the single most important element to adding realism to simming.

After an empty decade for FFB it looks like Brunner actually has a FFB joystick available. I don’t know what CLS-E is but Brunner says it is has direct support for P3D and other sims. Is this a joystick that FS Force would integrate with?

Thanks,
Don

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: Brunner CLS-E FFB Joystick

Post by RussDirks » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:00 am

FS Force only supports hardware that uses the DirectX interface. The Brunner device seems to use a custom proprietary interface, so I don't think it would work.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

wrap23

Re: Brunner CLS-E FFB Joystick

Post by wrap23 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:02 am

Thanks Russ. I really hope that Force Feedback becomes “A Thing” in the flight simming community. In ‘97 when CH Products introduced the FX Forces joystick, which I bought for about $200.00 US, it added neat thumps and bumps but that was it. You obviously recognized that and wrote the code to make it useful. Thank you! I believe if Force Feedback had been implemented properly from the start it would be a “must have” for serious flight simmers.
My hope remains that it will re-emerge within the community. We need an affordable piece of hardware to go with your software!
Take care,
Don