Question about trim gauge

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

Bill Womack

Question about trim gauge

Post by Bill Womack » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:17 pm

Russ,

I've got a couple of weird goings on with my current FS-Force for FSX, and wonder if you can comment. For one thing, when I launch my profile manager, it doesn't list all the aircraft I've got installed, but seems instead to list only the ones that were present when FSForce was first installed. I've added planes later, and they still don't show up in my list for profile assignments.

Secondly, I get a warning whenever loading one of the new planes (installed since FS-Force) and even some of the default planes, informing me that the trim gauge isn't installed. I can't seem to find any way to install it in the new planes automatically. Is this something I should just wait for the next beta to address?

thanks,
Bill

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:28 am

Hi Bill,

Open up your FSForce.cfg file, and look under [Profile Assignments]. Check if there is a line that starts with "=". If you find one, delete it.

I need to do some digging to find out how that line is getting in there in the first place.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:43 pm

Also, Bill, let me know if this solves the problem with the trim gauge messages.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Bill Womack

Post by Bill Womack » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:51 am

Hi Russ,

You were right about the fsforce.cfg file, there was an entry starting with "=" partway down the list, blocking my newer planes from showing up. I removed that entry, and all is well as far as displaying the correct list of aircraft goes.

My trim gauge problem persists, however. I forget now what was supposed to trigger the installation of the gauge... was it not simply running the profile manager, or do I need to reinstall FSForce altogether? At the moment, simply running the profile manager has no effect on the trim gauge installation.

thanks,
Bill

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:51 am

I forget now what was supposed to trigger the installation of the gauge... was it not simply running the profile manager, or do I need to reinstall FSForce altogether?
Actually, every time FS Force starts it checks to see if any aircraft need a trim gauge.

Can you post the Panel.cfg (or send it to me by email) of one of the aircraft that display this error message? That would be the first place to start.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Bill Womack

Post by Bill Womack » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:38 pm

Sorry Russel, I meant to come back here a few days ago and post this...

I've tried everything I can think of, and FSForce won't auto-install the trim gauges in my aircraft. This includes a number of the defaults, like all variants of the Maule. I've attached the panel.cfg here. Maybe I need to do a reinstall of all my FSForce bits? Something definitely isn't kosher here.

-Bill

dbrucem

Trim gauge not installed in some aircraft.

Post by dbrucem » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:22 pm

I ported over the Eaglesoft CJ and for some reason the trim gauge is not installed by FS Force. I was able to get it to work by editing the panel file for this aircraft by cutting and pasting the trim gauge section from a working aircraft. Just renumber the window title to the next available window in the panel config. It's great to have realistic trim back.
Bruce