"Trial period ended" message - I'm confused

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

xz69Micky

"Trial period ended" message - I'm confused

Post by xz69Micky » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:35 pm

I've been using version 1.0 FS Force with FS9 for a couple of years now and I've been a really happy bunny. About 3 weeks ago I got a new Vista PC and I re-loaded all my FS9 software, FS Force included. I went through the reactivation process which said it was successful. Since then I've probably started up FS9 over 100 times with no problems. Then last night, strangely I got the "FS Force trial period ended" message and all trace of FS Force has now gone from FS9. Now I could (and will) reload and reactivate but I'm wondering what happened and why. Any help please. Many thanks.

xz69Micky

Post by xz69Micky » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:31 am

Help please because I'm now VERY confused. I've reloaded and reactivated FS Force (vers 1.04) and that said it was successful. However, I still got the same error message on starting up FS9, "Your trial period has expired, please purchase...FSForce will be disabled."

I tried reactivation again using my key and again successful This time though when FS9 fired up I got the message "Your hardware configuration has changed (which it hasn't of course) please activate again." And of course when I do I get exactly the same message.

So, not a happy bunny now. I have no FS Force all of a sudden. And no way I see of putting this right. So help would be appreciated

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:17 am

FS Force stores reg keys and hardware signatures in the registry, so it may be having problems reading from there. Are you logged in as an administrator? Has anything changed on your system?
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

xz69Micky

Post by xz69Micky » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:00 pm

Russ, thanks for reply. Yes I am logged in as administrator and no I really cant think of anything that's changed on my system. In fact I was running FS9 with FS Force OK earlier in the evening and although I finished that FS9 session I didn't load any new software between that one and the next when the messages started appearing.

For the sake of a few dollars I'm willing to buy another licence and key if it will get around this issue (no FS Force is not an option). I just would like to be sure I'm not facing same problem then.

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:38 am

No, I new reg key will not solve the problem. I'll look into it a bit more tomorrow night and get back to you.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:43 am

Check your email. I've sent you a fix to try out.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

xz69Micky

Post by xz69Micky » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:12 pm

Your fix worked. Thanks for the great support. I'm now a happy bunny again.