FS9 decrease frame rate with DEMO VERSION

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

Albertopx

FS9 decrease frame rate with DEMO VERSION

Post by Albertopx » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:34 am

Good morning, I bought Force feedback joystick (SAITEK Cyborg EVO FORCE) and I downloaded the trial version of FSFORCE to try it before buy it. The prblem is the frame that go from 25 fps to 4 fps to return to 25 and return back to 4 and so on.... As reported I have disabled the window of the trim, I have changed the fullscrean to windowed screen, I have wrote AVE_FRAME_RATE_DISPLAY=1" but the problem did not disappeared. Also I tried to low the configuration of the video in FS like the terrain, density of scenery and so on but no resolved.
My video card is ATI 1950. I have these program installed: ULTIMETE TERRAIN USA, PRO GROUND ENVIRONMENT, ACTIVE SKY, ACTIVE CAMERA, FS GLOBAL
The joystick force work fine and I can feel it in my hand but the problem is the frame rate. Can help me
Alberto (from Italy)

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:34 pm

Normally you should only be seeing a consistent 15% - 20% drop in fps when using FS Force. You may be experiencing some sort of conflict with all the other addons you have installed.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:42 pm

One thing you can try is open fsforce.cfg and add the line "DebugLog=1" under the [General] section. Then try running FS9 and reproduce the errors. Exit and see what's in the logfile.txt. Send it to support<at>fs-force<dot>com.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Albertopx

Post by Albertopx » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:11 pm

Good morning Russ, thanks for your prompt answer. I wrote in internet about a problem with FSFORCE and ACTIVE CAMERA so I unistalled ACTIVE CAMERA and so the problems of frame disappered and was possible to have good frame rate. Also I tried to reinstalled ACTIVE CAMERA after having already installed FSFORCE DEMO and now the two program work fine togheter. Also I create the 2 logfile (one without ACTIVE CAMERA installed and one with ACTIVE CAMERA uninstalled). They seams different but I can not understand what they mean. I will send to you by mail. Can you tell me what you thing about the two logfile so I will buy the program
Thank you very much for your help
Alberto

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:14 am

I wouldn't worry about 1 or 2 errors in the log file. That is normal. Sounds like you managed to get the program working. There may have been a conflict between Active Camera, if it got loaded first.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator