Logitech G940 Software Firmware update to 5.09 & FS Forc

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

peterhayes

Logitech G940 Software Firmware update to 5.09 & FS Forc

Post by peterhayes » Wed May 26, 2010 8:20 am

Hi Russell
As you probably know Logitech have updated the software and firmware for the G940 to v 5.09.
In their software you can adjust the settings for force feedback - so I guess I'm asking should we be enable "Force Feedback" in the logitech software and if yes what are the "optimum" settings.
Should we enable "Centering Spring in Force Feedback games"?
There is a new "HYSTERESIS" setting (for axis response) which affects all 3 trim settings (one of which I have mapped to "Real Trim", so what settings if any do we use?
Thanks
PeterH :)
Peter Hayes

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Thu May 27, 2010 5:43 am

Just downloaded the update last night. First thing I noticed is they have almost totally elimated the "center slop" (the huge FF hole that existed at the joystick center of motion.) That is a HUGE deal to me. Finally we have a joystick that is comparable to the MSFF2, which has been my gold standard ever since it came out. Up till now, no other joystick manufacturer has come close to that.

As to your questions, you should leave the "Centering Spring in Force Feedback games" off, and set the other force strength sliders to your liking. I haven't played with the hysteresis sliders yet, so I can't make any recommendations there. According to the release notes, they are sensitivity settings, and so shouldn't impact FS Force one way or the other.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

peterhayes

Logitech G940

Post by peterhayes » Thu May 27, 2010 6:47 am

Hi Russel
Thanks for your reply!!
I agree with your comments on how improved the response of the G940 is - I can now fly the VRS FA18E a little better now.
Please post any "hysteresis" settings that you find useful.
Regards
PeterH
Peter Hayes

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:43 am

Please note I've made some comments about how to best configure the G940 with the newest firmware here: viewtopic.php?p=1120#1120
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

peterhayes

Post by peterhayes » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:18 am

Russ
Thanks
Good tips
Peter
Peter Hayes