Modded G940 trimwheel

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

nikaslan

Modded G940 trimwheel

Post by nikaslan » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Hello,

I have been using FS-Force since December 2010 with my G940 and it worked really great, especially with helicopters.

I mainly fly helicopters in FSX with maximum realism (Dodo at level 5, all others with HTR at 100%), so extreme precision is required. The default G940 suffers from the known "reversal bug", a limitation of the software (a feature... called 'hysterisis' by Logitech) to conceal the cheap pots used in all other axes except the main joystick X & Y. The problem is that this "reversal bug" makes precise, fine control of the pedals/throttle axes very difficult to impossible.

Yesterday I installed the G940 modification described in this thread:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/t ... cture.html

It involves the installation of an external controller (ΒU0836) for all the axes of the throttle and the pedals units. This eliminates completely the 'reversal bug' for these axes. Indeed the precision increased dramatically after the modification. It's a joy and pleasure to precisely fly the helicopters (and anything else) and not a struggle to find the sweet spot.

Regarding FS-Force now, I used the throttle (Joystick:1:RxAxis) for a trimwheel. I have now successfully assigned the new controller axis (Joystick:2:RxAxis) that corresponds to that trim wheel BUT the axis is now reversed!! Is there a way to tell FS-Force to reverse the axis direction??

Thanks in advance,
Nikos Aslanakis

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:18 am

Unfortunately FS Force does not have that capability. Did you find that you had to reverse it in FSX as well?
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

nikaslan

Post by nikaslan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Yes, I had to reverse it in FSX also.

Ok, it's not a major problem, I just have to get used to turn the trim wheel to the reverse direction or use the FSX trimwheel function. I do not think that as an option for helicopters though. FSForce trimwheel function is indispensable for helis.

It would be nice to have the option to reverse axis in FS-Force though...