randomize

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

randomize

Post by randomize » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:31 pm

Yeah, also problems here.

Firstly, thanks for the first beta, from looking at it it seems having huge capabilities... :wink: Just short before working, it seems. :arrow:

Installation was flawless, but I also do not get any forces. It just centers automatically, as usual when FS forces are deactivated. The trim also does not seem to work, although deactivated in the FS assignments.

Well, during landing roll I once did the following, Options->FS Force->ReInit, and then, maybe for a second, there seem having been the correct ground bumps and all, but when the sim fully returned into motion it was just the auto centering again. Huhhmm. :roll:

I do get forces with the virtual aircraft in the Profile Manager, by the way, as well as in the Game Controller properties.

I am running a Microsoft SideWinder ForceFeedback 2 stick under Windows XP Home Edition, if that helps.

Cheers,
Etienne
FS9 Beta

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:44 am

Etienne

The fact that you are getting forces with the virtual aircraft is a good sign.

Note that the trim wheel on the aircraft control panel is NOT supposed to move when you make trim changes. FS Force completely bypasses the MSFS trim system. There is a section in my docs about that. If you haven't read it, you may want to check it out.

What other software do you have loaded in the modules folder? Things like FSUIPC, etc. Try temporarily removing them and then running MSFS. See it that makes a difference.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

randomize

Post by randomize » Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:25 am

Good evening (afternoon), :wink:

Being not really sure what I did, but I got it working now. All I can say at the moment is - awesome. I wonder why nobody seems having thought about something like this already before (although I critized MS regarding that already in May 2002, just obviously nothing has changed in FS9...).

I think what I did is I loaded up some third party aircraft, then the profile selection box came up, I selected some profile, checked the 'use always with this aircraft' box, and from that moment on it worked just flawlessy... Yee Haa!! :D Congratulations so far. It's just impressive, me thinks.

Well, just got your mail regarding the trim, and as far as I remember, I think my trim wheels did move, but the new trim indicator also came up, so no real problem, I assume. I can x-check tomorrow.

I'll certainly sleep well tonight.

Cheers!
Etienne
F9 Beta