FSX won't load FSForce.dll

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

spirit_66

FSX won't load FSForce.dll

Post by spirit_66 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi,
just installed the FSForce some days ago and it worked fine with my G940. Yesterday in a sudden I got serious problems with it.

Starting FSX Acceleration I got this message from FSX.

Well, saying "yes" will crash the FSX and saying "no" will start FSX and if I start a flight then this alert pop up.

What did I do till now to solve the problem?

1. Reinstall FSForce with a new downloaded FSForce
2. Repair FSX Acceleration
3. Reinstall Logitech Gaming Software
4. Checking DLL.xml
5. Checking SimConnect logfile
6. Checking FSForce logfile

I can't see any fault but maybe I didn't look well or I should look somewhere else.

Strange behavior of FSForce is, that the Test of the G940 gives me no response at the Joystick at all anymore. This worked till yesterday very well.

Please give me a hint how to solve this problem. What is probably disturbed or damaged? Please tell me with which additional information I should provide you.

Thanks in advance
Spirit

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:06 am

I suspect that something has gone wrong with your G940 which is causing FSForce to crash. To verify that hypothesis, try unplugging your G940 and starting FSX. Do you get the same set of error messages? You should get an error message saying "Unable to locate force feedback joystick", followed by "DirectX initialization failed. FS Force is exiting".

Also, try uninstalling the G940 software and re-installing.

Try the Force Test diagnostic program (http://www.fs-force.com/support.htm#ForceTest) and let me know what that reports.

You can send me the simconnect logfile and the FSForce logfile and I'll have a look at them if you wish.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

spirit_66

Post by spirit_66 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:00 am

Hi,

thanks for your response.

Reinstalling of the G940 software is what I already did.

I unplugged the G940 and started FSX. That's what I got.

After saying "yes", "FSForce is exiting" came and then FSX crashed.

I ran the ForceTest Program but I couldn't see any result. What should it do? First came error alerts because of unplugged G940 and then what you see.

Well, here's also SimConnect logfile and FSForce logfile. It's pretty short so I add it here.
  • Enumerated Joystick : Logitech G940 Joystick
    Supported Effects :
    - Constant
    - Ramp Force
    - Square Wave
    - Sine Wave
    - Triangle Wave
    - Sawtooth Up Wave
    - Sawtooth Down Wave
    - Spring
    - Damper
    - Inertia
    - Friction
    - CustomForce

Creating effects for Logitech G940 Joystick
.. and the SimConnect log.
  • 0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0

0.00627 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimConnect, MaxClients=64
    0.00914 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv6, Address=::1, Port=50305, MaxClients=64
    0.01079 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=50306, MaxClients=64

0.01779 Exe Launched: Path="Disposition\FollowMe.exe" CommandLine="" Version="2.0.0.1"
    0.01788 File not found: Path="..\Logitech\Gaming Software\G940 Lighting Control.exe"
    0.03181 Exe Launched: Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\FSForce 2\FSForce.exe" CommandLine="/FS" Version="2.6.0.4"
    0.03938 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8
    0.34455 DLL Loaded: Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CEJ4\scenery\ObjectFlow_cej4.dll" Version="1.0.0.3"
    0.39709 DLL Loaded: Path="Disposition\FollowMe.dll" Version="<Unknown>"
    0.40435 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8
    0.45589 DLL Loaded: Path="Modules\A2A_Feel.dll" Version="<Unknown>"
    0.45880 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8
    0.45983 DLL Loaded: Path="Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll" Version="0.1.0.0"
    0.46185 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8
    0.46212 DLL Loaded: Path="A2A\Shared\A2A_Service.dll" Version="<Unknown>"
    0.70401 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8
    1.41787 DLL Loaded: Path="Modules\FSUIPC4.dll" Version="4.8.5.8"
    70.70214 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8
Well, at the moment I don't know where to look more.

By the way, the test function in FSForce manager gives me the force response again. I can feel the thumb at both test steps.

Can it be a security problem with the FSForce.dll? My System is Windows 8 pro 64bit.

I ran a tool which is called "Dependency walker" but I don't understand it so well. See the screenshot.

Hope you have some ideas
Spirit

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:16 am

The Force Test program should be run with the G940 plugged in.

Try editing your DLL.XML and EXE.XML file to eliminate all other addons except FS Force.

I did a Google search on "flight simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program". There seems to be quite a bit of information on that error. You might want to try reading through some of the threads and trying some of the solutions.

Here is a thread regarding FSUIPC : http://forum.simflight.com/topic/68382- ... installed/
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

spirit_66

Post by spirit_66 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:49 am

Hi,

well, thanks for a quick answer.

I tried the FSForce test program also when G940 was plugged in.

Now I modified the DDL.XML and EXE.XML files and deleted all entries only FSForce was left. The result still was the same.

I read what Pete Dowson wrote and it's very interesting. I tried to start FSX many times now and it always crashed. By the way, your FSForce already ran fine and in a sudden it became this problem after some days. Isn't it then this theorie doesn't count for FSForce because it was already accepted by SimConnect?

Meanwhile I also reinstalled G940 and FSForce again but it didn't solve my problem.

Maybe you can get some more ideas.

Best regards
Spirit

spirit_66

Post by spirit_66 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:07 am

Hi,

just did more things what Pete suggested with the certificate. I did how it was explained and after this I could see the certificate in IE publisher and so on but it didn't help to solve the problem.

By the way, it would be good if you could check if FSForce is already running like FollowMe is doing. The reason is that after many tries to start FSX again and again many instances of FSForce were running.

Sorry that nothing helps but I would like to use FSForce really bad.

Best regards
Spirit

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:21 am

spirit_66 wrote: I tried the FSForce test program also when G940 was plugged in.
And ..... what were the results? Did you try the various force feedback functions to see if the G940 is actually working? The point of the Force Test program is not just to see if it starts up, but to verify the functions of your joystick. Please report back to me.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:37 am

I few more things that I have found using a Google search:

- try running FSX as an administrator
- try running FSX with UAC turned off
- try turning off DEP

In between the time when FS Force was working, and when it stopped working, what changed on your system? Did you install any new software? Uninstall anything?

From my research, this seems to be a result of a bug in FSX / Simconnect.

I'll send you a version of the .dll that does not have a security certificate. Maybe that will help.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

spirit_66

Post by spirit_66 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi,

well, now your suggestions become more trivial.

Of course I'm running FSX as an administrator together with the compatibility mode "Windows 7".

Of course UAC is turned off

I can't turn off DEP for fsx.exe because Windows doesn't allow me.

So I tried the FSForce.dll you sent me. Here's what happened.

At startup of FSX came the windows alert if I trust fsforce.dll to run or not. I said "run" then came the fsx alert if I would allow this and I said "yes". Well, this gave me some hope that the problem is solved now but before fsx came up totally it crashed! I started it again and now came the known alert and question of 3rd party addon ..... blabla .... answer "yes" or "no". Well, nothing has changed at all. I tried several times, also switched back to the original dll without any success.

You ask me what has changed in the time between a working FSForce and a crashing.

I would say nothing!!! But maybe there was a Windows 8 update in the background? You know that this happens sometimes without taking notice of.

I myself worked on a text information gauge to show some information in an additional window for some aircraft. I finished this late in the evening, switched off and went to bed. Next morning after starting my computer I started FSX and it showed this behavior. I thought -wow- did my gauge made this? I removed the gauge but nothing changed.

Do you think a little text information gauge can crash FSForce?

Let's say it did. What does it mean? Should I reinstall FSX? That would be a hard task for me after it took weeks to be where I'm now.

I did a repair of the acceleration package without any success to the FSForce problem. I don't know if a re-installation of the acceleration would be better.

Well, I'm aware of that FSX is something like a monster nobody is able to control that's why MS ran away from it.

Many people do good business with addons and if the customer run into a problem with it then really good help is rare. One of these guys told me seriously I should wait for the next Windows update this may solve the problem.

I don't blame you because your response is quick and you try to help me but on the other hand I can feel that you're also only poking in the fog with a long stick.

At the end it's the customer who's lost in nowhere.

Best regards
Spirit

spirit_66

Post by spirit_66 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi,
And ..... what were the results? Did you try the various force feedback functions to see if the G940 is actually working?
Well, what should I see if the G940 is plugged in and I start the fsforce test program?

Would be nice to get some explanation what I should do and what should happen then.

I can tick some functions but there's no response.

What should I do? Move the controls or start FSX and move then?

By the way, in the thread from Pete Dowson he talked about a delay function that he implemented. Wouldn't this an idea for FSForce too?

Thanks
Spirit

spirit_66

Post by spirit_66 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:54 pm

Hi,

well I tried now to get something out of your fsforce test program. I guess accidently I got one result and it told me that it hasn't the only authority for the controls. Ok, I unticked the Force control in FSX and from now on there wasn't any response any more from the test program.

My idea is that you want me to keep busy!! Looks like a kind of monkey business now.

Please tell me how this piece is working or let it be but don't bother me with this program.

Getting frustrated now
Spirit

spirit_66

Post by spirit_66 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:37 am

Hi,

well, now I did it because I won't wait till you got any good solution for this problem.

I installed FSX new from scratch and now FSForce works again and a lot of work waits for me till my FSX will be like before.

Thanks a lot for keeping me busy. You can go on sleeping!

Spirit