Suggestion for new feature.

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

KelB

Suggestion for new feature.

Post by KelB » Wed May 21, 2014 1:47 pm

Hi Russ

Some of the better aircraft such as those from A2A show the effect of the airflow from the prop over the control surfaces when the plane is stationary on the ground. Most noticeably the pitch of the plane on its wheels changes when the elevator is adjusted due to the airflow from the prop. This efect is obviously most noticable at full throttle at take off. The force feedback however does not provide any additional centering force when the engine is revved. Would it be possible for you to add the effect of a certain amount of centering force (at least on the elevator axis) proportional to engine revs.

Regards

Kelvin

KelB

Re: Suggestion for new feature.

Post by KelB » Thu May 22, 2014 1:43 pm

Hi again

Looking down the forum topics, I notice this subject has already been raised regarding propwash on tail draggers. Although the consequences are of course more dramatic and serious on tail draggers :shock: I beleive that the feature would add a lot of immersion and realism for all types of aircraft. Clearly additional programming work is required so how about making an updated version with this feature that is not a free upgrade. I for one would gladly pay the discounted price for an existing user for a new version with this feature just as I would have to pay up again for swapping to P3D.

What do others think?

Kelvin

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Thu May 22, 2014 11:57 pm

I think that is a good suggestion. I'm considering allocating some time this summer to do an upgrade to FS Force. Will keep you all posted.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

KelB

Post by KelB » Fri May 23, 2014 1:00 am

Thanks Russel :D :D :D

KelB

Post by KelB » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi Russel

Any news on this?

Kelvin

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:40 pm

Kelvin,

I did get to spend some time with this over the summer, but other projects came up and I was not able to finish. I'm pretty close though. I'd really like to get this out but we'll see what happens over the next few months, or possibly the beginning of next year.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

KelB

Post by KelB » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:54 pm

Thanks Russel.

Regards

Kelvin