Beta version : Manually Toggle AP Follow

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

RussDirks
Site Admin

Beta version : Manually Toggle AP Follow

Post by RussDirks » Tue May 10, 2016 6:18 am

Below is a link to a beta version of FS Force (2.9.0.2253) that contains a feature that may be of interest to users who have purchased the Flight Yoke Add-on Package. Specifically, it allows you to define a hotkey / button press that will toggle the Autopilot Follow feature on and off manually. This is intended for certain 3rd party aircraft that use custom autopilots that FS Force can't recognize, and therefore can't know when to engage AP Follow and when to disengage it. With this hotkey you can manually engage and disengage it, at the same time as you engage and disengage the autopilot.

See the relevant help page for full details. Please feel free to comment or provide feedback, if you feel this feature is useful, or if you think it can be improved.

Edit : This has now been incorporated into the release version. Please see the downloads page at http://www.fs-force.com. (2016-05-17)
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Slayer

Re: Beta version : Manually Toggle AP Follow

Post by Slayer » Wed May 11, 2016 9:37 am

Can I ask which payware aircraft most need this function? I purchased quite a few addons but don't recall this being an issue up til now, it even seems to work ok with the Dash 8. On the other hand some addons don't get out of the hangar that much so I'd be interested in your feedback to see where this could be useful.

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: Beta version : Manually Toggle AP Follow

Post by RussDirks » Wed May 11, 2016 11:56 pm

I only have anecdotal evidence from one or two users who were having problems with the 737 NGX, however I don't have that aircraft so I can't confirm. I also know that A2A aircraft have a custom autopilot, but it seems to work well with FS Force. If you have either of those aircraft, and can confirm proper operation, that would be good to know.

I added this feature more as a precaution/fall back that people could use if they were having problems with a particular aircraft.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator