Windows blocked this editor

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

gdanjot

Windows blocked this editor

Post by gdanjot » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:50 pm

Hi everyboby.

Following a HDD crash, I reinstalled P3D v3.4.9. Everything is OK. But after downloading FSForce 2 on the site FSForce.com, Windows forbids me to launch the setup. After research, I found that your certificate is no longer valid.
I can not install your application. Note that I have 2 licenses, one for FSX and one for P3D and I have the last W10.
Can you solve this problem please.

(sorry for my bad english)
Best regards.

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: Windows blocked this editor

Post by RussDirks » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:12 am

I am unable to reproduce your issue. I just tried downloading the program and it started the installer as normal. I'm pretty sure my certificate is ok.

Are you using some overly restrictive Anti-virus? Maybe check your settings to see why it is blocking.

Or try a different browser. Some browsers handle certificates differently. I used Internet Explorer 11 for my test. Sometimes you can go into your downloads folder and the file will be there. You can right-click on it and select "Run anyways" to bypass the restriction.

If you still have problems, please post a screenshot showing the error so I can have a better idea how to help you.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

gdanjot

Post by gdanjot » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:54 pm

Hi.
I downloaded with Google and explorer 11 without antivirus and no firewall but it changes nothing. This is what Windows tells me:

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:39 am

It is rather odd that in the first screenshot listed above the "editeur" is listed as "tem32\TWINAPI.dll". That would normally be where it would list "Dirks Consulting", since I am the producer of the software. It could be that the files are being corrupted during the download process. Try downloading again. Or download from another computer. Maybe there is a virus on your system.

I just downloaded the file now and it checked out ok. See attached screenshots.
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (8.08 KiB) Viewed 28156 times
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (18.09 KiB) Viewed 28156 times
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

gdanjot

Post by gdanjot » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:48 pm

Hello and thank you for the answer.

I come back to give news. It seems I am not the only one with this problem. I searched the web and there are solutions to solve but too constraining in my opinion.

For my PC, you seem to be banished by Windows.The Windows mysteries.

I have a backup of an old version of FSForce2 that installs without problem and that I will use in desperation.

Too bad ... I wish to update.

Thank you for everything. Best regards.

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:46 pm

gdanjot wrote:It seems I am not the only one with this problem. I searched the web and there are solutions to solve but too constraining in my opinion.
If you found any information about this error, please share it here, as I would be interested to read it. It might help me find a solution.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

gdanjot

Post by gdanjot » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:01 pm

Hello.

I have done extensive research to solve this problem. All proposed solutions on the web were tested. Some who seem to solve the problem on other applications have no effect with FFForce2. It's sad.
We arrive to install the application on the PC with the Task Manager. But it allways refuses to start the Profile Manager.exe.

I tried all it's possible ... disabled UAC, disabled Smartscreen and others too. Tried to import a certificate. Nothing to do.

I surrender. Banishment by Microsoft seems deep and irresolvable. I am sorry. Safety always tells me that "it is the creator who explicitly revoked the certificate". Fed up with Microsoft. :oops: :oops:

Have to go with an older version of FSForce2.

gdanjot

Post by gdanjot » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:27 am

Hi Russ

Good news. To open the Profile Manager, it was simple. We need to open the Task Manager and same thing to install FSForce 2, go to "File" and "browse" to the Profile Manager, check Administrator and the application can open.

I verifie and it's activated and OK in the simulator. i'm very happy and thanks for all.

Sorry for my english ( the evils of Google translate ).

Best regards.

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:46 am

Great! I'm glad you got it working.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator