MSFS 2020 Announcement

News and announcements

Moderator: RussDirks

wrap23

Re: MSFS 2020 Announcement

Post by wrap23 » Sun May 23, 2021 4:16 am

Hello Russ. Hope all is well in Russ’s world!
I know you said work and such has interfered with your msfs2020 upgrade. I don’t want to be “the squeaky wheel” but your last update was 5 months ago. Any new (good) news for your faithful followers?

Anxiously awaiting,
Don

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:53 pm

Hello Don and others,

I know that this will disappoint some of you, but I have to say that it is looking more and more like this is the end of the road for me and FS Force. It hasn't been so much an intentional decision of mine, but rather a gradual realization of the simple reality that I have other priorities in my life these days. I don't expect that there will be an upgrade to FS Force for MSFS. Thank-you all for your support over the years! It does make it a bit easier for me to say this knowing that there is a viable alternative to my software (XP-Force).
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

briansmallman

Post by briansmallman » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:56 am

Hi Russell,

Thanks for the update and also understand you have other things to focus on, so good luck with all of those. There are a couple of options for those with FF requirements alongside the one you mentioned (which works well) another is FSPlayground which is suite of replay / teleport / FF support (teleport lets you move a/c within the session). Also there is a FF on the list for Asobo to do eventually.

Hope you don't mind me mentioning these.

Thanks for all your support in the past and good luck to you for the future.

Brian

Steiny

Post by Steiny » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:13 pm

Thanks for delivering a great tool in the past, i loved using it. (and have as i tested the dc-3 in fsx before this newfangled one landed in sim update 11 just a few days ago)

Good luck on your ventures and hopefully, one day, some day, you will surpass those that tried to fill the gap of your awsome utility. They do scratch an itch, but it's just not FS Force. (also anoyed by a one year licence i inadvertantly bought, i was convinced i bought a full licence off that XP force bloke, but apparently i hadn't doublechecked as i hit the order button... doh!.)

Thanks for your great work. Have a good one! I'll check in every once in a while though :)

Woof ~ Woof & Salute!

LW_Steiny