MSFS 2020 Announcement

News and announcements

Moderator: RussDirks

RussDirks
Site Admin

MSFS 2020 Announcement

Post by RussDirks » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:53 am

UPDATE - Jun 2, 2021:
I know that this will disappoint some of you, but it looks like this is the end of the road for me and FS Force. Thank-you all for your support over the years! It does make it a bit easier for me to say this knowing that there is a viable alternative to my software (XP-Force).

UPDATE - Dec 4, 2020:
Hey everybody. Sorry for going off grid! :) I'm sorry to say I have not been able to spend any time on this project lately, as much as I want to. I love MSFS and I love my little FF utility. But other work projects are preventing me from devoting any time to this. Re: the SDK, it's true that there is much work to be done and not everything is implemented, but I could probably get FS Force to work. It would take a lot more re-programming though. Like I say it is mostly time and work issues. I'm not closing the door forever though. Who knows ... I may be able to do the upgrade sometime in the future.

UPDATE - AUG 23, 2020:
Not much has changed. The SimConnect API is still a work-in-progress by Asobo to get it 100% functionally equivalent to what it was in FSX. There are several key functions that are currently not working, which my add-on relies upon, and I am therefore not able to do any development work. Hopefully they will get things working soon so I can begin modifying my program to work with FS2020.

ORIGINAL ANNOUNCEMENT
This is just a quick note to let you know that I do intend to release a version of FS Force that is compatible with the new MSFS 2020, however I doubt it will be ready by the release date of Aug 18. The SDK has some issues that is preventing my add-on from working, so I can't really do anything at this time. I'm pretty confident Asobo will address the issues as soon as they can. Please watch this thread for any new updates.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Magic64

Re: MSFS 2020 Announcement

Post by Magic64 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:58 pm

It doesn't matter how good fs2020 is without FFB and FSForce has been with me for nearly ten years now, but I have pulled the trigger on FS2020 in the hope that your fantastic software can evolve as well. Thank you for making simulation thus far, viable and please let me know of any developments.

Still stuck with the G940 for reference.

Best regards from UK,

John

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:02 am

Thanks for your support John!
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

terrorsoul

Post by terrorsoul » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:40 pm

Looking forward to seeing this addon support the new flight simulator. Just purchased a Sidewinder FFB2 so will be waiting patiently on this addon to bring force feedback to it.

diogofcr

Post by diogofcr » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:33 pm

Hey! Also looking forward for this mod on FS2020. I have a Force Feedback yoke (modified sidewinder) and really want it working on the new sim :)

Magic64

Post by Magic64 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:09 am

Well, I can at least report that FS2020 recognises the presence of the three components of the G940, but doesn't map anything to them, but I havent had time yet to look more closely. Incidentally, this is without running the G940 software from Logitech.

I grab a few more hours tomorrow and will report back if anything of significance is found. It may be possible to map to the 940 by the look of it.

Hagglesworth

Post by Hagglesworth » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:24 am

Yes I use a G940 rudder and throttle, paired with a Sidewinder FFB2, it recognises both devices and you just need to map the appropriate buttons/axes. Easiest way I've found is to have control panel device manager open and press a button you want to assign, then map to in game menu.

Both work great used together, albeit lacking FFB which FS Force will eventually rectify

markusg

Post by markusg » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:54 pm

Can't wait for the software :)

In the mean time I was trying to get the sidewinder FFB2 to work without force feedback. It seems to work in the Windows 10 setup and calibration, however, in the flight simulator it shows up grayed out with a big question mark over the joystick symbol. Any ideas how to get it to work?

- Markus

Berlinflight

Post by Berlinflight » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:09 pm

markusg wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:54 pm
Can't wait for the software :)

In the mean time I was trying to get the sidewinder FFB2 to work without force feedback. It seems to work in the Windows 10 setup and calibration, however, in the flight simulator it shows up grayed out with a big question mark over the joystick symbol. Any ideas how to get it to work?

- Markus
The interface is a bit confusing: You need to change the filter on the left hand side from “assigned” to “all”, then you can assign everything you need.

retnavycpo

Post by retnavycpo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:37 pm

I too, very much look forward to your making your software compatible with MSFS2020, Russel. Thank you for working to achieve this! Pete

Magic64

Post by Magic64 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:36 pm

Hi Russel,

Well, you know where to look for beta testers now, don't you?

The core fs2020 is fantastic, but you cannot explain to anyone else how remote and disconnected it all feels without FS Force. Yours is the magic that makes it worthwhile and when you crack this, I would certainly buy you a beer or three.

Keep at it. The sim with fsforce will lead to more than one divorce...

Kind regards from UK,

John

cfdog

Post by cfdog » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:03 am

Looking forward to your addon also Russel, I have had your software for sometime now on an Iris Dynamics yoke.

Thank you

Philip

Post by Philip » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:40 pm

FS2020 is a real beauty. However, a very important feature is missing: Force Feedback, feeding my old but unbeatable Sidewinder FFB2.
I hope FS-Force can fill this gap.

Wishing you the best from Holland,

Philip

gdanjot

Post by gdanjot » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:24 pm

Hagglesworth wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:24 am
Yes I use a G940 rudder and throttle, paired with a Sidewinder FFB2, it recognises both devices and you just need to map the appropriate buttons/axes. Easiest way I've found is to have control panel device manager open and press a button you want to assign, then map to in game menu.

Both work great used together, albeit lacking FFB which FS Force will eventually rectify
I've been using the G940 with FSForce for a very long time and I've tried everything, impossible to affect the axes and keys with Flight Simulator 2020. Also impossible to access the .exe file.
If you succeeded, I don't see how you did it.

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:42 am

Just a quick update to keep you in the loop. Not much has changed since I started this thread. The SimConnect API is still a work-in-progress by Asobo to get it 100% functionally equivalent to what it was in FSX. There are several key functions that are currently not working, which my add-on relies upon, and I am therefore not able to do any development work. Hopefully they will get things working soon so I can begin modifying my program to work with FS2020.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator