No forces.....

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

Majick

No forces.....

Post by Majick » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:21 am

Hi,

Version 1 of FSForce worked fine for me with FS9. Now I have upgraded to version 2 on FSX. When I run the tests on Profile Manager I get no force at all. No force when flying in MSFS either.

I am using a Microsoft Sidewinder 2 joystick.

Hope you can help.

Jon

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:38 am

Configure FS Force to not load, and then re-activate the default FF in FSX, especially the ground vibrations. Start a flight and see if you get any vibrations. That will tell you whether your joystick is even working.

Or if you still have FSForce 1.0 / FS9 on your system, does it work there?
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Majick

Post by Majick » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:53 pm

Hi Russ,

I've tried disabling FSForce and enabling default forces as you suggested, and still do not get forces. However, I did get default forces before installing FSForce 2. Also the Windows XP controller tests are working fine.

Regards

Jon

Majick

Post by Majick » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:53 am

Correction.....yes I am getting default forces. It helps not to pull the power cable out of the joystick when you do the test......

And yes I have retested FSForce to make sure that was not the problem all along :)

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:07 am

Majick,

Send my your SimConnect.log file ... maybe that will reveal something. See www.fs-force.com/support.htm for instructions on how to create the log file. Also, send me the FS Force log file, which can be found in All Users/Application Data
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator